Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Interesting Quotes from the Draft Weekend Interviews

By Justis Mosqueda

I missed all the draft weekend interviews live, so I decided to go back, watch, and write down the quotes that stood out to me. (All these interviews are available on Packers.com)


Datone Jones

"He brings versatility."-Dom Capers (Defensive Coordinator)

"He could play out of defensive end and he could be an inside player."-Dom Capers

"We think he has those type of abilities."-Dom Capers on Jones being a three down player.

"There could be times if we are in a four down look and he's playing inside and you want to stem into a defense where he could go outside, I think he very well think he could go outside."-Dom Capers on Jones playing a rush backer role.

"We had a good interview at the combine."-Dom Capers

"He can play nose tackle in some of their sets. We think he'll be good in our sub packages."-Ted Thompson (General Manager)


Eddie Lacy

"He's a big back. He really hasn't missed any time. He's played through whatever he's had, so I don't think that it's going to be a consern."-Brian Gutekunst (Director of College Scouting) on Lacy's durability

"We liked Montee Ball a lot. We kind of had them in the same range."-Brian Gutekunst

"I personally thought he was the top back in the class."-Alex Van Pelt (RB coach)


David Bakhtiari

"I'm not sure about that."-James Campen (OL coach) on starting out Bakhtiari as a LT


Micah Hyde

"I think he can play corner. He can play nickel and dime."-Joe Whitt Jr. (CB coach)

"We're not looking at that right now."-Joe Whitt Jr on moving Hyde to safety


Josh Boyd

"We think he's got a little versatility to him as well. I'm going to see if we can get some nose reps out of him or not."-Mike Trgovac (DL coach)


Desmond Bishop

"I would never comment on anything like that. There are all kinds of conversations that go on with other teams and different people in my job and around the league during draft times or leading up to draft times, and most of it ends up meaning little to nothing."-Ted Thompson on if he will comment on the Bishop rumors


You can follow Justis at: Twitter.com/JustoFS

No comments:

Post a Comment