Friday, August 16, 2013

Behind Enemy Lines-Preseason Week 2 vs St. Louis Rams

by Justis Mosqueda

Preseason Week 1 vs Arizona (featuring: Kent Hodder)

Joining me this week is Nick Page of the DraftBreakdown.com team, who you can follow on Twitter: @NFLDraftPage.

Why are you a Cleveland Rams fan, and why don't you root for the Packers?

(I'm gonna assume you meant St.Louis)

[Someone's didn't read the first edition of the series..]


I'm a Ram's fan, because I was born in St.Louis. I only lived there for a year or so, but still have family out there, who support the team. Funny enough, my Father, who was raised in Pittsburgh, is a Packers fan because the Steelers stunk in his youth. Outside of that, I really have no reason to, or not to like Green Bay.

Name five players to watch for on Cleveland's side of the ball?

Offensively Daryl Richardson, Tavon Austin, Brian Quick, and the 2 LGs (Chris Williams, Shelley Smith). 
Defensively, Mike Brockers, Alec Ogletree, Ray Ray Armstrong, William Hayes, Rob Quinn.

What are your dream picks for the 2014 NFL Draft right now (based on where you expect the Rams to pick)?

Right now, I view OG and S as the most glaring needs for us. "Big" Gabe Jackson and Ha Ha Clinton-Dix would be ideal with our 2 1st Round selections. I'd say both us and The Redskins will finish somewhere in the 18-24 range.

[If Ha Ha Clinton-Dix drops to the 18-24 range and Thompson doesn't trade up, I'd be disappointed. There seems to be fewer and fewer legit safety prospects as the seasons go on. Green Bay's biggest need is likely safety (assuming Raji comes back).]

How has Scott Wells been doing after you guys stole him from Green Bay?

Wells has been a bit injury prone, but has been solid while on the field. This year will be telling for him, as they drafted his potential replacement in the 4th Rd, Barrett Jones. 

[If Scott Wells would have played at all last season the Packers would have likely had an extra compensatory pick. We lost a starting center and didn't even get back the pick we should have. This means war, Rams. I also hate you for stealing Barrett Jones. Now is the time for me to tell everyone that Thompson's only ever spent a draft pick on one or two offensive linemen that didn't play left tackle in college. Ever. Dude loves left tackles.]

A lot of people compare Green Bay's Brad Jones to your first round pick Alec Ogletree, what do you think about that?

Very accurate comparison. Both rangy athlete LBs, with big time potential. I wasn't Alec's biggest fan pre-draft, but he'll be asked to step up after Jo-Lonn Dunbar's 4 game suspension.

[I really liked Ogletree. A team scout told me he was a top 5 athlete in the draft. Unfortunately, you also have to play football in the NFL.]

Is Cody Davis flashing in camp? He was one of my favorites.

I'm a big fan of Cody. From what I've heard (2nd hand) he's looked good. Running with the 3rd team mostly. He's not a lock to make the team, but after Matt Daniels' camp injuries, I'd say it is "likely" he makes the Final 53.


Justis Mosqueda is a Journalism student who writes for OptimumScouting.comSportingNews.comDraftBreakdown.com, and Packers-Backer.blogspot.com.

You can follow Justis on Twitter: Twitter.com/JuMosq


No comments:

Post a Comment